Thursday, September 22, 2005

 

500 Wines

Is really too much for one set of tastebuds. But is quite a challenge to undertake. Went to a mega wine tasting and had (as I usually do when presented with fun food and lots of great wine) a blast. How do you prepare for that many wines? It takes some doing. You can't just start at #1 and work your way around. For me, any wine I've ever tried (even--especially--favorites) is off the list. Coppola Black Diamond Claret? Oh love my love....have to pass you by tonight. Can't even look at the bottle. I prefer tastings where you know the price of the wine. I might try a $10 bottle, so why bother with it tonight? Now the $100 bottle, I gotta get some of that. Tonight was just random guesses.
The folks doing the pouring really knew their stuff. Even the chick I went to college with who tried to make a move on my (then) man. We'll never be best friends over it, but I think I can cut her some slack on that one. After all, he's married to someone else and so am I.
Saw some folks who I hadn't seen in a while. One has been working out and eating right. She looked FABULOUS and I said so. Unfortunately, I saw another friend who has been following the "EY Chubby and Happy" diet. And in an empire waisted dress, looked, well, expecting. So I asked her about 'the new little one'....I mean, she did get married about a year ago. They both had kids previous, but maybe they wanted an "ours". Nope, she's NOT expecting. I felt like a total heel. A slug, a cretin. I'm no skinny Minnie myself, what business did I have pulling a stunt like that? (Goes without saying that you'd have to tie me up to put me in an empire waist, overalls, a jumper or anything else that might suggest forthcoming progeny.) Apologies will abound tomorrow.
Saw a friend who owns his own business now. He asked if I'm a "lifer" at my current place or if I'd come work for him. I think I was pretty diplomatic. If he were in my town and I had tons more patience, I probably would. He drives me insane, but we did work well together back in the day. Of course, that was with him driving me nuts and ignoring it and me busting my butt for him and bitching about how much he was driving me nuts. We talked about how I'm pretty much turning into a policy wonk and he asked when I was going to work for the government. I said not soon, I still have a soul. He cackled at that. Which was nice to see.

So my 500 wines buzz is about gone, killed primarily from fighting with @#%& hotmail. Just give me my freaking email already.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?