Sunday, September 25, 2005

 

Is that ALL you have planned for today?

The title of today's post is a quote from my non-football husband. Football is the "that" in question. I guess I should cut him a break...it's only the third week of the season; he hasn't really had time to adjust. A few ties today, but all came out in the right for me (Jacksonville, Miami, Philly). Never really noticed too much before, but Jack Del Rio isn't bad looking. The Burger King commercials where the King does a little dance after he scores just crack me up. The King's head is a bit big, but I think I'm getting used to that.
OK, I have done more than just sit on my tail in front of the TV. I've done laundry, emptied the dishwasher and I'll clean the mess that someone (who doesn't like football) made on the stove.
He's been odd lately. The weird FB comment, yesterday he says that "now" isn't the time for me to be buying a new car. When I ask why not, the best he can come up with is "it's just not". Uh, thanks, dude. I have a ready buyer for my car (which at over 100K miles is losing value quickly), a decent amount saved up that I can add to that for a down payment, and Honda just released a kewl new Civic. I'm at a loss to find a downside. Sigh.

Well, Minnesota got a win. I feel a little bad that it had to be against the Saints. CBS has Bonnie Bernstein on sideline in the Pats vs Steelers game. (I'm sure this isn't totally her fault) She is SOOOOO annoying. They always have her ask the stupidest things RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE GAME. That's the producers' fault, not hers, but still it annoys me. The Jax vs. Jets game was very lightly called. Loved that. One of the announcers even said "I'm not talking over the game". How refreshing. And that was CBS's "B" announce team. Jim and Boomer need to take a lesson.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?