Saturday, September 17, 2005

 

It's football season....yeah

This week's schedule isn't giving me much joy. I'm sure it would if I had NFL Sunday Ticket, but then I'd just be a stark raving lunatic on Monday mornings. I really like football, but I think that would push me overboard. I like booze a lot too, but I try to be moderate in my drinking--I'm only 34; this liver has to last for at least 50 more years, I figure.

Well, I looked at what our area is being offered and while the games aren't great on Fox (Rams and AZ Cards), CBS is offering eye candy, if nothing else. Jax and Indy will be good to Matt Jones Watch. It should be a good game even though I have little love for either team. Respect? Sure, love? No. Next is Cincy and Green Bay. I don't really love the Packers, but if Brett Favre showed up at my door needing female company, I wouldn't be kicking him to the curb. Wsh and Dallas would be more fun Monday night if Joe Gibbs could decide how to have an offense. I read today that Ramsey is ready to leave. Can't blame him. "You're our QB of the Future", "No, you're not", "We're looking to have you long term, so we signed washed out Mark Brunell for more money than he was worth when he was 10 years younger! Aren't you excited?" I doubt he was....nor should he be. Poor guy has barely had anything of an offensive line to protect him when they DID let him play.
Reading a guy on espn.com who would agree with my statement that Mike Martz of StLRams is just nuts. I only ranted about the wasting of timeouts in the 15 min that I heard the game....if I'd known he challenged the kickoff (yes, if you didn't see it either, he did), I'd have ranked him crazier than a pet racoon. I'd almost written that I think he's crazier than a pet squirrel (which is one rung less crazy than a racoon), but I'm glad I didn't, seeing as how I was wrong. (Hey, no flak from any dear readers who have pet squirrels or racoons. I'm sure they're great and all and I certainly don't mean any offense.)

OK, off to real stuff now.....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?