Monday, October 17, 2005

 

No Bon Appetit? Yet?

Gentle Reader, there is little that brightens my month more than my monthly issue of Bon Appetit. And of all the issues in the year, the November/Thanksgiving is the best. This year, I'm extra-excited because I'll be hostessing a Turkey Day with the fam. So of course, I need ideas...and NOW. The night I got my car, I saw the latest on the stand at Barnes and Noble. I thought I'd be getting mine soon. Then my friend J calls last week and asks "Did you get something in the mailbox?" I hadn't. He'd gotten his. I call BA today and mine should be on its way. I have a menu to plan! Shall we have turkey or ham? What kind of dressing? What new vegetable side dishes could I do instead of brussels sprouts and green beans? Is there a new pie recipe I can try?
I NEED MY MAGAZINE! Ahem, I mean, time's a wasting....I'm a planner. I have to start planning.
Had a lovely dinner with my friend JA today. She's engaged to a wonderful man. I'm so very happy for her, but sad that she'll be moving to NW AR. She's promised to lunch with me when she's in town. Her boy is very sweet and makes her very happy. Can't argue with that.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?