Saturday, November 05, 2005

 

December Bon Appetit and misc

Had to go out and buy the November BA, but the December BA arrived right on schedule. And the same day as that sneaky friend of mine J's did. (OK, he's not all that sneaky--he's a really good guy and the only one who reads my blog on a semi-regular basis.) I'm quite pleased with both issues, although cooking for my and DH's rather traditional families means that I won't get to have much derring-do on Thanksgiving Day.
Had a busy and interesting week. I've spent 10 years working for the Big Faceless Corporation and only this week have I encountered outright pettiness with other co-workers. And in a way that didn't really matter. Does it matter that more people help a client? If the end result is that our client had a good feeling about their visit to BFC, is it THAT big a deal that they dealt with one more person than they would have otherwise? I think not. Fortunately, my boss is on my side. It's very much a "death by 10,000 papercuts" kind of thing, so unless it gets blatent, I'm not going whining to him. If he finds out from others, so be it.
Had two lovely meals this week. Each was nice cost-wise as well. Answered the trivia question from Lily's Dim Sum and Then Some, so that was $10 off. Got a $40 gift cert from a friend to Jasmine's and it was dearly needed. DH and I dropped nearly a BenF. App was good, but nothing special (other than the garnish of beet ribbons....which were WONDERFUL. Who knew beets were so good?) DH's ribeye was massive, but cooked to perfection and tasted wonderful. My pork in a Chinese-y, ginger-y, citrus-y sauce was absolutely delightful. Basmati rice and a nice steamed veggie (with plenty of baby corn--YUM) side made for a very nice meal indeed. We shouldn't have had dessert, either one of us, but most of my cake was quite good. Oddly enough, the chocolate cake was less interesting than the vanilla. The shot of Bailey's would have been a perfect dessert on it's own.
Got to put the guest room together today. Also need to clean, vacuum in a really bad way and clean off the counter top in the laundry room. Everything in our respective hands gets dumped there when we come in. Bank statements from months ago, receipts from who knows where, a hot pad I need to take back to DH's mom (who I also need to call).
Watching the Razorback game. At first, I was quite happy that it was only 7-0 (SC) and I'm still heartened that it's 10-7 (AR) going into halftime, but still. They're playing typical "red hot" and "ice cold" Hogs. Some spectacular plays, some stupid mistakes. Old Ball Coach (S. Spurrier) won't sit for this for long. It's a beautiful day for homecoming. I have a few friends who are there. I was about to text one of them to ask "WTH?" when we had some good plays. Then we went back to normal.

Comments:
This is your Good Twin here, just letting you know that, along with your friend J, you now have two faithful (and, according to you, gentle) readers! Keep up the good work...
 
Glad you are back on track with the BA. Haven't really read december yet. What would you think about splitting a bottle of icewine with your buddy j?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?