Saturday, November 12, 2005

 

Just for you, J.....the cheerleaders

Big news in the NFL this week. First, TO is banish-ed from the Eagles, then two (now former) Panthers cheerleaders are arrested for allegedly having sex in a bathroom. Questions abound for me on this, Gentle Reader. Was there only one stall in the bathroom? If so, spending too much time in it--even time for love--is just rude. Should you punch out a bathroom patron for being impatient? For the most part, I have to say no. However, if there are other stalls and the person waiting is just being a bitch and you need a little love, I say it's justified.
How many times have you been drinking with the crew and gotten a little "friendly"? We all have. And everyone likes a "friendly drunk"....certainly MUCH better than an "angry drunk". So these ladies needed to express a little more comradery and wanted a little privacy? So what? They were in a BAR. It's not like this was the bathroom in a Chuckie Cheese where kids would be walking in. To reiterate, as long as there were other stalls for other patrons to use, what's the problem? Now I do realize there is the "and if everyone acted like this, there wouldn't be enough bathrooms" argument. Agreed. But I would counter with "if people would be cool with spontaneous expressions of love without judgement or hatred, neither these chicks nor anyone else would have to hide in a bathroom".
Should these ladies have been fired for their actions? Only because of the assault. Punching someone out--even if somewhat justified--never brings good attention to the folks you work for. Especially if that company is an NFL team. If the punch hadn't happened, I would be very opposed to firing. I love NFL football and I'm a chick. But I realize that the majority of NFL fans are straight men. If anything, having cheerleaders who sometimes make out could only bring LOTS of attention and money to the Carolina Panthers. Calendar sales alone would skyrocket.
So J, that's my take on the thing. Were they wrong? Possibly. Would the world be better where love was more prominent and didn't have to hide? Sure. But didn't we already know that?

Comments:
Indeed a friendly drunk is much better than an angry one as I know from first hand experience. I don't feel as they should have gotten fired but from a corporate stand point I can, sort of, understand. Besides, I'm having a hard time feeling sorry for these women seeing that they will probably make a ton more $$$ from this than they could have working as cheerleaders for the next 100 years.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?