Sunday, January 08, 2006

 

I heartily dislike the Patriots

I can't really say that I "hate" them. All in all, they're not bad people, it's just that I'm a Miami fan and I can't have any actual affection for New England. Respect? Sure. What's not to respect about such a well-run, well-coached, high-performing team? From a QB who is willing to take less money so that they can address other team needs to a coach who can turn a window washer into a star player, to the owner who stays out of the way, they're a great organization. They certainly deserve their success, but I can't cheer for them.

Washington wins and keeps their season alive for a bit longer. And suddenly, LeVar Arrington says he might stay another year. He's great when he bothers to care about his team. LeVar, if you're willing to be a team player, I'm all for keeping you (not that I get a vote). If not, move on.

So the NFC turned out exactly like I'd wanted: Washington and Carolina advancing. The AFC isn't looking great. I'd have prefered that Jacksonville would have beaten New England, but they made too few mistakes and Jax made too many. I don't dare speculate about Cincy and Pit. Let's just say that I started watching football in 1976 and I don't like Dallas.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?