Sunday, March 26, 2006

 

Italy Prep, Part I

Part one of....well, I'll venture to say, "a lot". Got the Pimsleur's Italian...I can say a few phrases so far. It's funny how my 3 years of French is popping into my head and getting in the way. I'm sure I'll be able to get around by September. And speaking of September....I've bought our tickets, so we're one step closer. We'll get to spend a little extra time hanging out and that will be GREAT.

Did a little manual labor today. The boy laughed at me. I picked up sticks and stacked some wood. His point was that HE was the one who cut down the trees in the first place. Fine. Yes, he did. I'm just trying to help and not sit inside on my butt watching TV on a nice day. I've also baked a loaf of soda bread to take over to Dave's for dinner. It should go well with our lamb stew. I'm trying to be open minded about the lamb. I've only had it once before and it was lamb chops, so I had a weird thing going on mentally. I'd see the nice red meat and part of me would think "oh, nice lovely beef" "no, idiot, it's lamb" "oh, nice lovely beef" "What the $^&#? This isn't beef?!?!?!" "no, genius, like I've been saying, it's lamb". Completely ruined the dinner for me.

There's a couple working to clear the lot across from us. Ah! How I remember those days! Carrying branches to the fire, hearing the Boy cuss his chainsaw and the rocks. Yeah, glad we finally threw in the towel and hired professional dirt/tree clearers. If they're out there this week or next weekend (and I'm sure they will be), I'll go introduce myself and take some water.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?