Wednesday, August 16, 2006

 

Tobacco worms....gross

Mr. EY and I don't actually have much dirt here at the chez. Nor do we have a lot of space that gets full sun. So we "garden" on our deck as much as we can. Neither of us claim to be terribly good at it, but we usually get a handful of tomatoes, a few batches of pesto, chives and other herbs. Over the past few days, however, I've noticed some of my worst garden enemies: tobacco worms. I think we took over a dozen worms off the three plants yesterday and I took 5 off them today. Gross, gross gross. It seems that they "grow" into the barb on their tail. Took several small worms off today that had just as large a barb as the big worms.

Still can't find what's eating the mint from the Farm (Mr. EY's grandfather's farm, that would be). Poor mint went from a shady, moist ditchbank to a full sun, slightly dry deck. It hasn't been happy. It's been even less happy to be nibbled on. From my perspective, we do have 3 other mint plants, although I know why this mint means so much.

Got a few cherry tomatoes....I hate looking at the plant and seeing chewed off nubs of stems. Damn tobacco worms.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?