Sunday, October 01, 2006

 

Back....

And a full-length trip report (or two) is forthcoming.....but not today. Today, I'm tired and trying to ease back to reality.

Vacation was clean rooms, no dishes, wonderful meals and proscuitto (I think proscuitto may be the new gelato for me). Today it's nothing in the house because I need to go grocery shopping, dishes to put up, laundry to do, unpacking still to do.

I have only good thoughts for Italy, but a troubled return trip and a lack of patience that I'm still smarting from have me a bit irritated. A friend blogs regularly about grace. I certainly needed some yesterday. I've also re-learned a lesson about myself: I need quiet. Solitude, time away from anyone else and peace. Vacation is rarely a time for that, but I am getting a little today.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?