Thursday, October 19, 2006

 

Jeffrey?

One of my guilty pleasures over the past few months has been Bravo's Project Runway. I didn't watch the first season, but have watched the next two. This season, I was pulling for Michael. He's had some great pieces and I love his vision. Uli's work is good, but I'm not the beach-y, halter top-y, drapey type. I love Laura's elegant style, but I have a chest and the deep V-necks wouls result in too much exposure for me. I'd also have to be 8 inches taller to be as thin as I'd need to be to wear her clothes. That is assuming that I stayed at my current weight. If I'd lose 60 lbs, I'd just be able to wear her designs. Jeffrey, however, is a total other story. I find his designs unappealing, dramatic just for the point of being dramatic and not usually flattering.

So I was excited about last night's episode....until the fashion show started. My fav's line was bad. His work is always so good, but he took way too much of a chance. The hot pants that won a challenge were great....but there's no need to have 3 pair. Too much flash, too little substance. I knew after his 3rd garment down the runway that he wouldn't win.

Uli's line was typical Uli, but I still liked it. Very flattering to the body, very "resort-wear", great fabrics, great colors as well as prints.

Laura's collection was absolutely elegant. Beautiful, beautiful clothes. But I knew the judges would be bored.

Jeffrey's line was well made (to the point that there was suspicion he cheated), great fabrics, interesting lines and less "punky" than his normal. I still don't find his designs very body flattering. For size 2 models, maybe, but the average woman doedn't need bulk where he tends to add it (hips) and can't wear skin skin tight pants.

Of course, the judges loved it. I've always thought Jeffrey was a jerk and I'm sure winning won't help that. I think it's odd that he, his chick and his son all have the same haircut: a mohawk. None of them wore it "up" in the middle, but still....a mohawk is pretty easy to pick out of a crowd. And a mean thing to do to a 3 year old.

So I look forward to next season....and a better winner next time.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?