Sunday, October 15, 2006

 

Same time, next year

The wine gig went well. Very well. Good crowd, lots of good questions, I was nervous, but very happy. They asked me if I'd like to help out next year. Sure. "Heck, I can be back next week" was what I really wanted to say.

Saw New Baby at a friend's house. Big Brother has had a dramatic change in his life. Momma's thought with him was "I'll probably only have one, so if I want to spoil him, it's no one else's business". I don't disagree with that, necessarily, but now she has another. And BB has no manners, because he's never had to have any. While I was there, he told Momma to put the baby down because he was tired of her being held, refused to thank me for a gift I brought and told me and Momma to "BE QUIET!" He did eventually change that to "Please BE QUIET!", but you could tell, us having our own conversation was a major cramp to his style. His hair still hasn't been cut yet. I sure hope the other boys in Mother's Day Out don't beat him up over it. Or the boys in kindergarten....

Between the football game, the wine gig, a get-together with dear friends, a family lunch, the weekend was fun. However, it was worthless from a "I have to go to work now" point of view. I do have clean clothes to wear, but the house is a wreck. I'm sure my mother is about ready to kill me since I haven't called her. Of course, I've not been home while she's awake (it's 11:45 pm now) and while I'm sarcastic enough to say "I'm finally home if you want to chat", she won't find it very humourous. Besides, she might actually try to stay awake to talk and I (unlike her) have to go to work tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?