Saturday, October 14, 2006

 

Saturday Miscellany

Went to a high school ballgame last night. Forgot how much fun that was. Town we live in is too big for a "small town game" experience. This game was more like the games I grew up with. Admittedly, I didn't see much of the games when I was in school because there was always more interesting teen drama to be had.
It was crisply cold, perfect football weather last night. The small town we were in showed the team lots of love, although the opposing side didn't. Small town lost their homecoming game 40-7. I was surprised at the small number of punts on 4th down and the larger number of 2 point conversion tries. I don't recall that from my town, but maybe we had a better selection of kickers to choose from.

In other news, I have my first "on my own" wine gig. For over a year, I've been helping a local expert with tastings. I got a call this week from someone whose attended a few of those and who was in need of an expert to work a tasting for a church fundraiser. I'm not sure if they were more excited that I said "yes" or I was because they asked. I did get a little help from my expert friend and will do a little more research after I post this. Of course, the best research I can do is to to actually taste the wine. I've had one out of four, which isn't bad. I'll probably do the swirl, taste and spit since the fundraiser is 30 miles away.

I *should* go see a friend and her new little one since I'll be driving right by her house. I've wiled away a bit much time this morning, so that may be a crunch.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?