Friday, November 24, 2006

 

All gone

Family (both sides) are gone. Boy is too (there's a shock). AR lost the game in horrendous fashion. I've wondered when the real Razorbacks would show up in the season. I've been rather skeptical of the team that went 9-0. Got up early for a small version of MIL and I's Black Friday shopping trips. We went to a few places here in my town. Nothing big or exciting, although I did get a few good items. We left a little after 5 and were home by 9:30 (am). If we'd been in MIL's area, we'd have spent quite a bit more time out and I probably would have gotten all my Christmas shopping done.

Made dressing for the first time and everyone liked it. Made gravy for the second time and it was well-received too. Gravy was a guess and halfway follow the recipe just like last year (heh). Turkey wasn't dry and everyone liked it. Tried just doing turkey breast this time since that's mostly what everyone eats. Brined, as usual, with a brine mix I got at the new Williams-Sonoma. Love that store. It's almost as bad for me as a liquor store. I can't seem to get out of one of those for less than $100. WS's "cover charge" seems to be about $50 for me.

I think we had almost as much dessert as we did dinner, which is not a problem for me.

I'm thankful everyone liked our cooking; I'm thankful both families could get together and spend time together; I'm thankful we had fun today.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?