Monday, November 06, 2006

 

Communion

I was raised Methodist, went to a Baptist church for a while (and even a Baptist univ. for a semester of grad school), but for the past 15 years or so, haven't done much in any denomination or church. The Boy and I have discussed going to a local Episcopal church where we had our wedding reception, but haven't actually done it. We know a good number of people who go there and it's a familiar worship environment.
Yesterday, I went to a service there. It was primarily so I could be at the baptism of a friend's children (I'm a god mother now), but I also went looking for a "new church home". In addition to it being All Saint's Sunday and baptism for 3 kids, they had communion. That was a ritual I always loved growing up. Even though the Episcopals do it a little differently, I still do like it. I'm not sure Baptists EVER do communion. It didn't happen in the 3-4 years I went to a Baptist church. I realize that B's aren't much on formal rituals that smack of popery, and I can see how communion would fall into that category. Still. It was very meaningful.
Told the Boy that I'd like us to start going to church. He didn't say "no", but he wasn't terribly enthusiastic. No matter. I'll have to miss this weekend--ironically enough, I'm going to Mom's where I'll go to their Baptist church--but will catch back up the next weekend.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?