Tuesday, November 21, 2006

 

Slack week

The week of Thanksgiving is always dead here at Big Faceless Corp. Many people with vacation to burn, travels to make. Smarter folks use the quiet time to get caught up on the tedious things there's never enough time to do. Me, not so much. I play. Surf, play games, do a *little* work, post to my blog .

Having quite a bit of family in for the big day and I have pretty well everything under control. Garage may be a mess, but that's not what I consider to be my responsibility, so I really don't care. HouseBoy (very different from The Boy) is probably cleaning the house as I type. He does a really good job and I'm quite happy allowing my responsibility to be taken care of by someone else. I'm responsible for arranging and payment, I think that's sufficient.

I do find it odd that inside/outside "responsibilities" at the House have fallen into largely gender categories. House--Me; Yard--Boy. Sure I could mow the yard and he's definitely a good cook, but I like the kitchen to be CLEAN at all times. Him? Don't really know that he cares (although he gets ferocious about the stove, sometimes). Not sure I could deal with that. Admittedly, neither of us cares much about the yard. One of the great things about living out in the country is that it's not so big of a deal. "The wild look" is much more acceptable when everyone else's yard isn't prefectly manicured.

So I came home to a house so clean you can feel it and a Boy mowing the yard.....nice.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?