Thursday, November 09, 2006

 

Weight, weight

As with most Americans, I worry about my weight. We actually have an ambivalent relationship, given that I'm a foodie. Last night's dinner of a lean ham sandwich on stick, nut and gravel bread, sauteeed red peppers and sauteed mushrooms was no doubt healthy...and very tasty. The thought of going to the gym at lunch to ride the stationary bike is quite a turn off. Yes, I'd get to read a magazine, but the bike is boring. I'd love to do another Straight Up Strength class, but those are only taught once a week. I'm still sore from Tuesday's class and I've been stretching a LOT. Still, it's the "good sore" you get from a good workout.
I also wonder quite often, What difference does it make if I look like I did when I graduated from college? I was significantly lighter, but I was also 22, not 35. I'm married now, so it's not like I "need" to be skinny to attract a guy. Today I'm not necessarily thin, but I'm also not in danger of being asked to do a remake of "Fat Actress".
I know all about eating healthy (rasied by a Home Economist), I don't eat a ton of crap, I know I'll feel better and be less stressed if I exercise regularly. Sigh. If I were single, it would be easy....if I didn't eat very light and kill myself at the gym, I'd have a horrid social life. Of course, I also wouldn't have a spouse who despite his evolved state on most things, really expects me to plan, shop for and cook dinner. Oh, the days when I could have yogurt and an apple for dinner.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?