Friday, November 03, 2006

 

Widowhood

This year, I will be a deer widow. Or as it should more appropriately be pronounced "deer widder". Probably one or two weekends, I'd think. Can't see the Boy taking weeks and weeks for hunting. That and I think our trip to Italy blew off too much of his vacay. I've always found the concept interesting. Men disappearing for weeks/weekends, wives going wild. I guess. I can't imagine it will be vastly different from other weekends when he's gone. Biggest difference is that he could come home with something dead. I'm not much looking forward to that. Granted, I could get a long-sought-after deep freeze out of the deal, but he'd put his dead animal in it.
I'm rather a reluctant carnivore. I know where meat comes from, but I don't like to think too much on it. And eating Bambi's mom or dad is just too much.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?