Sunday, December 03, 2006

 

Bowled over

I'm not sure which Bowl game AR will be invited to. The projections don't look good. Teams with worse records than us or lack of status within their own conference are slated to be in "better" bowls than we are. I know one of the criticisms of the BCS is that it doesn't make any sense. Let me add my vote to that chorus. Granted, since myself and the numerous critics aren't going to inject any cash to the system along with our opinions, our voices won't make much of a difference. I whole-heartedly agree with King Kaufman of Salon.com (at least I think it was him) who points out at least once per season that the BCS isn't about crowning a champion, it's about making money for the participating schools.
I suppose it shouldn't matter to me since I won't be going to the game, even if they had it in our state. I prefer to watch my football cozily and fairly quietly in my home. Hanging out with thousands of people, many of whom could care less about the game just isn't my thing. The absolute LAST thing I'd want (and which I'd probably get) would be to sit in front of Muffy and Buffy discussing their plans, outfits and drinks for the party after the game or Mom, Pop and kiddos who don't need to hear my thoughts when AR does something stupid. No, my thoughts are much safer in my living room and I can get things done around the house during commercials and halftime.

Just, please BCS selection committee, please let us play on Jan. 1. New Year's Day is bowl game day. All the REAL bowls are played then. So you can't watch all the games at once. Wah. Spreading games out for weeks is idiotic (unless you were, I don't know, maybe having a PLAYOFF!). Yes, the Tostito's Bowl is some other time. Shouldn't be. It ought to be on 1/1/07. Oh well....it's noon on Sunday. Time for me to quit worrying about college ball and turn on the real stuff....NFL, baby!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?