Thursday, December 28, 2006

 

Casual Sunday

I've noticed that people don't dress up as much to go to church these days. Very odd to me. I've felt strange in a pants suit, even a nice one, since I NEVER wore pants to church as a child. Even a skirt was not quite right. Dresses were the thing and almost the only thing.

After some shopping today, I think I understand the change: it's hard to buy "church clothes" these days. In addition to me hating shopping for clothes, shopping for dresses has been nightmarish over the past few years. What I find tends to be a) too formal, b) too old, c) too young. Today was no different. So unless you're going to the opera after, you're 10 or you're 70, nice pants may be your only choice. So I suppose I'll stop worrying about it and keep wearing my black pants and assorted tops.

Shopping today was just as much fun as ever. I did manage to buy The Boy a robe (which he needed), so it wasn't a total waste. I know you shouldn't start a fitness routine so you can look better in clothes, but my shopping experiences are reinforcing my need to get off the couch.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?