Sunday, January 28, 2007

 

Back to normal....hopefully

My sinuses have been back to normal for a few days. No meds taken, no incessant nose-blowing, breathing is A-OK. And just as important, so is my ability to taste. Specifically, my ability to taste wine. I went to the Not-So-Local Booze Warehouse and restocked our cheap red wines. Things like Big House Red, Red Diamond, Yellowtail, etc. Even found some Garretson Catfish Cuvee on the clearance rack and since it was $13 and not $18, I picked up a couple of bottles to serve as cheap red wine.

Opened the Garretson (of course) and it tasted just like it should. Jammy, inky, deep without being earthy or overly tannic. Yum, yum, yum. Won't be buying any really expensive wines to try for a few weeks just to be sure. But it is quite a relief to be "fully tasting" again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?