Thursday, January 25, 2007

 

Ghost Sighing...again

Nope, not the same Ghost. And not truly a sighting. A letter. An honest, envelope with paper inside letter. I know, how 20th century, but I was very glad to receive it.

If a surveyor asked me "Who is the LAST person on earth you'll probably ever hear from?" The letter-writing-ghost would be in the top 10, probaby top 5. While we were friends last time we talked, I have a bad habit of not being very nice to him. Turns out, he's a better friend than I deserve (as are all my friends, btw, especially those who read this blog).

So I fired off a rather long email (how DO you condense 15 years into an email?) and am waiting. Waiting. Yes, he's on the other side of the country. Yes, it's barely morning there and he's less of a morning person than I am. Yes, I'm probably not the first thing on his mind this morning. I'm quite sure I will be panicky and nervous all day. If I weren't worried about my kneecap shooting across the parking lot, if I'd brought workout clothes and if it weren't in the 40's outside, I'd probaby go run around the campus a few times.

Have I mentioned lately that I'm waiting? And not very patient?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?