Saturday, January 13, 2007

 

I wish I knew how to quit you

Yes, I finally watched "Brokeback Mountain" last night. I know it's been out on video forever, but it was on HBO last night and I managed to catch the whole thing. (Aside: one of the frustrating things about having HBO is catching a movie I want to see halfway through. Yes, I have a programming guide in the cable box, but I forget. You ever forget? Happened to me.)

The landscapes were goregous, the men weren't half bad either. I've not seen Heath Ledger in much, but I really liked him in this. I'm sure it was true to the taciturn nature of Ennis, but I'd have liked it if he didn't say all his lines as if he had a mouthful of marbles. I was a bit surprised at Anne Hathaway as one of the wives. I was more familiar with her in "fluffy" roles like "The Princess Diaries" and "Ella Enchanted". She was quite good as Lureen.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?