Saturday, January 27, 2007

 

Yet another POS truck

Well, it's a Jeep this time. For all that The Boy gripes about Jeep owners, how expensive Jeep parts are and how much he loves GM products, he's succumbed. So that makes 2, count them, 2 vehicles he's bought in one week. And I think I buy vehicles as an impulse purchase? Granted, I buy BRAND NEW vehicles on impulse. I'll probably pay more on the Civic this calendar year than he'll have paid for his new toys.

So I told the guy he bought it from (who called to tell me that he'd bought it) that now I had license to go buy a new pair of shoes. Technically, I have that license all the time. You see, despite my love of screaming at the TV when the NFL is on, I'm a girl. I haven't bought shoes in a while, other than good walking shoes needed for our vacay. And the beauty of not having all our kizash in one account is that in reality, The Boy can spend all his money on trucks of any kind and I'll still have plenty of money for shoes.

I think the dodge of having the previous owner call to tell me is funny. Just like it was funny when he told me about a truck purchase when we were at lunch with some of his best friends. I could tell by the guilty faces all around that they knew about the purchase and knew they were there to be witnesses to any criminal activity that might be triggered in me.

Working on trucks, getting all the good out of them before the rest goes to scrap, building something new out of all the trash is a HUGE stress reliver for The Boy. Granted, yoga would be less expensive and something we could do together, but I think it would be beyond unfair to say "no more trucks and get rid of the crap you have". If he told me to stop buying wine or seeing my massage therapist or cooking, I'd have a big issue with that. Highly unlikely since he's a direct beneficiary of the first and third in that set.

So I suppose I'll pretend to be shocked...SHOCKED! when he gets home this afternoon. And who knows, I might just have a new pair of shoes.....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?