Monday, February 19, 2007

 

Happy Birth.....Day.....Mr. Pres...I....Dent......

It's President's Day and the kinda local horsetrack was open. A clear, slightly warm (if windy) beautiful day for February. So a few friends and I went to the track. I'm not a huge gambler, but if the company's right, it beats the heck out of going to work. For the first few races, nothing. Considering that my previous track outing produced no winning tickets whatsoever, I wasn't really concerned. Then I won a small ticket. Then....oh my.

Just on a guess, I put 2 favorites and 2 longshots into a trifecta (3 of those 4 had to come in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, although since I boxed it, they could come in any order). Two of my longshots came in. And by "longshot", I mean 15-1 and 20-1 odds. So I more than doubled the money I'd brought to eat, drink and bet with today. It was the largest ticket I've ever cashed and the most money I'd ever made gambling at any time. EY was happy. Her companions were happy because dinner was on me. My cashier was happy because since I had 3 winning tickets with her, I gave her a nice tip. One of my fav wine stores was probably pretty happy since I gave them some of my winnings in exchange for 2 VERY nice bottles of wine as soon as dinner was finished. After all that, I still have money to put (back) into the bank.

Yep, Abe and George.....I'm certainly glad we're still celebrating your birthdays.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?