Monday, March 26, 2007

 

A challenge

When you're really into something, you often try to convert people to it. Maybe it's religion, sports, fashion, a TV show, a movie, who knows. For me, well, I'm not much of a "converter". Except when it comes to food and wine. As much as I still make fun of a friend who once told me "EY, I *want* you to like red wine", I'm guilty of the same thought, even if I never say it. I really like wine...now, I even like red wine. With warm weather approaching, I do tend to drink more whites, but I never fully let go of the reds.

I've taken on a challenge of sorts lately. I have one friend who is moving to AR who wants to learn how to cook. I have another friend rather far away who I've decided to help learn how. Not quite fair of me in the second instance, but he has access to a lot of fresh ingredients that I don't. If he can learn how to pick out good specimens and treat them well, "cooking" will be easy. My other friend is gung ho to learn and will have a lot of fun with it.

I have no wish to coerce, harangue or otherwise offend my second non-cooking friend. He's a soccer player, so good fuel is important. He's also trying to stay very much in shape. Again, I think there's a good fit with cooking. Admittedly most of what I cook is geared much more toward tasting good than anything else. Hopefully I won't overdo things.

Comments:
I've made it onto your blog...twice now! :D

BTW - Bruce said he was happy I was coming back and to see me again (blush).

Too bad I'll be coming 2 days late for the tasting. Oh well...10 more days and I'm back for good!

BTW - Did I win the shiny quarter??
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?