Thursday, March 15, 2007

 

Hoisted

I've wanted to write several times this week, but I've been stymied by my home PC's Firefox installation. I think that in an effort to improve the security of FF, I've done something that the new Blogger doesn't like. Which is funny since security is what I do for a living. I was so frustrated with it last night, that I almost turned off every security control FF has. Of course, I thought through that one. I'm ready to switch to the new FF version, but can't figure out how to export a particular thing: saved passwords. For most things, I can recover the password or write them down. For the most important things, I don't save them.
Although I am a security professional (and am studying to be even more so), I'm also a user. And that means I want convenience, convenience, convenience. I asked The Boy for help dumping the password file and got a withering look "I can't help you because I don't STORE passwords". He's a security person too....apparently, a better one than I am. Although if you really want to read the local paper, check the sales at my fav shoe website, post to this blog, check my frequent flyer status, fine. That's about all my stored passwords will get you. My bank and MasterCard sites don't allow password storage of any kind, so I feel pretty OK there.

My most urgent news (for those of you who made it this far) is that I got a haircut....a pretty serious one. I have bangs for the first time since 2000. My hair is light (read: short) enough that it actually has some waves to it. I'm not sure how I feel about it yet, but I'm 60/40 on the "like" side. Spending 3 minutes drying it as opposed to 20 is probably going to keep me squarely on the OK side until it's cold, which won't be for a long time.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?