Tuesday, March 20, 2007

 

Lies, D*^n Lies and Statistics

I'm a rather simple blogger. Mostly text, simple layout and not too many pictures. I *could* do a lot more, I suppose, but since I'm still battling my home PC, it's not likely. A relatively simple (I suppose) thing I could do is gather statistics on who's visiting. Statistics. Twain didn't think much of stats and while my opinion isn't that dire, I don't know that I care that much either. If people around the world find my musings interesting, that's fine.

I've been reading a book about mothers and daughters lately. I'll be seeing Mom this weekend and I'm taking her a copy. Less than 5 pages in, I found several situations that exactly fit the issues I run into often in our relationship. I also think about the mother/daughter dynamic quite a bit at work. A lady who sits near me doesn't seem able to cut the cord with her kids. At times, she spends hours a day on the phone with them. Her daughters seem completely dependent on her guidance and advice. Yesterday, she had a hard time getting off the phone with one.....the reason? She was working on one things she needed to do in order to leave to go see said daughter. If you're driving over to see me, I think I could let you go so that you could leave soon. But then, my mom raised me to be quite independent. More independent than she'd like at times, but there you go. I've called to thank her for that and I'm sure we'll discuss it again.

Conf call is about over, so I guess I've got to run!

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?