Friday, April 20, 2007

 

Quiet

Being an only child, and one who grew up WAAAY out in the country, I crave quiet times. After a very busy, very fun with friends last Saturday, I spent Saturday night quietly--me, my laptop and just a little TV. Right now, it's a beautiful Friday afternoon, I had a great day, plans for tonight are promising. And it's quiet. When I finish this post, I'm heading outside, where I'm always amused by the "not so quiet-quiet". I do, indeed live out (not as far out as where I grew up). There's not much traffic or that many neighbors. And when you go out on the deck, it does seem quiet. Then when my brain slows down, I relax. I hear the trees rustling from wind, birds or a squirrel; a neighbor I can't see through the trees working in his backyard; our dog wandering the yard or whining because she hears me.

My favorite song off the Dixie Chicks CD "Taking the Long Way" isn't the defiant "Not Ready to Make Nice" (although I DO like it), but the song before it, "Easy Silence". It's the perfect song for an afternoon like this. Dixie Chicks and a glass of something cold and sweet.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?