Monday, April 09, 2007

 

A Rowenta

Finally, a shopping trip that was worthwhile. Bought a Rowenta* iron today. Why? Apparently, I killed the old iron (a Black and Decker, for the more brand-curious). I was ironing yesterday and I thought to myself "when this iron that I've had forever dies, I think I'd like a Rowenta. They sure are nice and heck, I think they're on sale at Tuesday Morning." Within 10 minutes, my iron was dead. I turned it on, turned it off, unplugged it, plugged it back in, but no heat. A friend has a related ability in that when she thinks of famous people, they quickly shuffle off their mortal coil. So far she's offed Bob Hope, Johnny and June Cash, Robert Palmer. We all thought it was a fluke of good timing until she got Mr. "Simply Irresistible". Her skill is creepy, but mine could get expensive. (I will be thinking only good thoughts about all other household appliances, since I cannot afford to replace them all.)

Went to my local Tues am and right at the back of the store, two different Rowentas to choose from. I have no need for a cord reel, auto-turn off or a removeable water tank, so the "lesser" of the two was fine (and $30). I'd hoped to iron tonight, but frittered my time away studying. But tomorrow night...I shall devote myself to my new purchase.

Truthfully, I don't like ironing. What I *do* like is a garment that has been well-ironed. And while I will throw money at almost any chore I don't want to do, I can't bring myself to pay someone to do my ironing. I pale at the ridonkulous prices for dry cleaning and laundry-doing ever since our "anything for $1.50" place went out of business. So I iron. In the fall it's not too bad because I iron while I watch NFL games all Sunday afternoon. Going to be in front of the TV all day--may as well be useful. Tomorrow night, I will glide through House with the Rowenta.


*From Rowenta's website "Rowenta, a German top-of-the-range brand, creates high-quality innovative products for harmonious living and well being. It focuses on steam irons, and other home appliances such as vacuum cleaners, toasters, kettles, coffee makers and personal care products." I want to live harmoniously. So I bought their iron.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?