Tuesday, April 17, 2007

 

Smooth up Smoothies

I have to admit, I'm not much for buying a smoothie for lunch or a snack (unlike, say coffee, which I will purchase any time of day or night), but I do like making them at home. We have a killer blender (three pronged plug in, cord as big as my thumb, suction cups for feet), I freeze fruit when it's good and in season and it's fun. I'd bought some frozen fruit and soy milk this week, thinking I'd make a smoothie as I left for work in the morning and would have a delicious treat on the way to BFC. For some reason, I totally forgot that I'm NOT a morning person and that grabbing a frozen South Beach Diet bar as I run through the kitchen is much more my style.

Oh well. The Boy and I have been having smoothies for dessert. He's been working outside after dinner, so about the time he comes in, he's a little warm and in need of a snack. I haven't been doing anything other than sitting on the couch, usually, but I'm generally in need of a snack too. Blueberry has been our primary flavor, mostly because a few will turn the whole batch blue. Blue is my favorite color, so that's cool with me. I like a spoon of ginger in mine, but The Boy is a fan of just fruit.

Powerful though the blender may be, it's not quite getting things "liquidy enough". I can turn the blender upside down and the smoothie will stay intact. I tried putting ice in them tonight, in hopes that the mixture would *pour*. No such luck. Tried blending much longer than necessary. Again, no dice. I suppose I'll keep experimenting....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?