Thursday, May 17, 2007

 

Cologne

I generally don't have any issues with the desire of my co-workers to smell good. In fact, I'm all for it...to a point. Fresh "I took a shower" smell--good. Overpowering cologne--bad. I am regularly surprised by the *amount* of the stuff people think is a good idea.

An otherwise nice guy I work with wears way too much of some really bad, cheap-smelling stuff (and yes, too much expensive cologne is just as bad...I know a few people who pour that on too). I don't think I have an especially sensitive sense of smell, but every day, this guy practically knocks me out. If he's in his office (he has a hard office, not a cube...thankfully) for any length of time, there is a "cloud of scent" that escapes when he opens the door.

Advice I would love to give him.....If you leave a nearly visible scent trail, you're probably wearing too much. If YOU can smell your cologne, you're wearing too much. If the paint in your office is peeling off the walls, you're wearing too much. If co-workers start coughing when they come near you, you're wearing too much.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?