Saturday, May 05, 2007

 

Odd weekend

There is a local festival this weekend that I have several traditions around. So far, I've managed to blow them. The Friday of the fest, a group of friends and I typically eat lunch there. It's typical carnival food and our only excuse for eating such in the year. This year, instead of "fried whatever on a stick", I had red beans and rice. How pedestrian of me. In my defense, I couldn't find much in the way of fried that I actually eat (sorry, I don't eat corndogs, chicken on a stick, frozen bananas on a stick, sausage on a stick, no matter the time of year or event) and no desserts that were evil enough to enjoy (last year's treat was fried Reese's peanut butter cups). I'd probably have had a funnel cake, but we spent a lot of time searching out other treats and I was down to one festival dollar. Fest organizers decided that it would be "easier" to make people trade real currency for tickets to purchase items this year. To me, that guarantees no impulse purchases and is the ultimate in inconveinence. It's also discouraging me from going back today (I have no fest bucks left from yesterday--gave $11 worth to the Boy because I had to get to work and there was nothing interesting to buy with them.)

A wine and cheese party last night also didn't go as planned. The person with our first wine/cheese didn't show and after 3 phone calls to her, she said that she was in another part of the state. She swears that she sent a note telling us that she'd be gone, but none of us recall it. Oh well. I have lots of cheese now, which isn't a horrible thing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?