Thursday, May 17, 2007

 

What a.....Croc

Even Mario Batali is getting into the Croc game. I know Mario wears shoes the color of his hair. Technically, so did I today (and a very cute pair of Kenneth Coles they are.... http://www.zappos.com/n/p/dp/11776720/c/3.html ). But Crocs, Mario?? I get that you're a celebrity and people want to pay you big bucks to put your name on every little thing....but seriously, Crocs, Mario??

Your bright orange clogs were unique. They were "you", just like the ponytail and the scooter. Crocs, well, they're neither. Crocs are big hunks of unrecyclable plastic that are uglier than a run over pair of Birkenstocks (yes, I know Birks are highly prized....but not for their beauty). Crocs are common...they are the "Jellies" of this century. Orange clogs say "I'm not afraid to be a little different". Orange Crocs say "I want to be just like everyone else wearing really ugly shoes." Orange clogs say "I care enough to find something that suits my personality". Orange Crocs say "I don't care enough to wonder if I have a personality".

I know, I know, people allege that Crocs are comfortable. So are shoes from Born, Clarks, Donald Pliner, Mephisto, Merrell, Keen, Dansko and lots of others. And for the most part, they're FAR cuter, less clunky and (considering the cost of manufacture), cheaper.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?