Wednesday, June 06, 2007

 

Back to the beach

But not for vacation. Nope, I'm going back on South Beach eating because I'm too close to needing to move to "the size I swore I'd never be". Everyone has this size, be it realistic or not. Well, I'm dangerously close to mine. I have wine tastings this week and a test Saturday (that I'll NEED a drink after), so next week seems to be a good time to start Phase 1. I'll be having lunch with a friend Monday, but I think I have an easy way out for that (local farmer's market salad). Next Saturday won't be so easy as it's a local church's annual spaghetti and sausage dinner. Oh well, special occasions do come up. I'll be really good before, good after and won't beat myself up about it. Acceptance--of my potential, not my current weight--is part of the game. I didn't wake up this size one day. It took me some time to get here and it will take time to change my eating habits to lose it.

I spent some time on the message boards and read a lot of "nothing tastes as good as being thin feels". I suppose that's true. However, it's been so LONG since I was "that thin" that it's very hard to remember. While I DO have rather current memories of some fantastic-tasting food. Time to make some new ones, I suppose.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?