Saturday, June 09, 2007

 

Early to bed, early to rise

And take a test. I suppose that after stepping on a cricket in the dark at 6 am and getting to the test site without my admission ticket made actually taking the test somewhat simple. The questions I've been studying have seemed to be "out of left field" so to speak. So when I pondered the actual test questions, I thought, well, these might at least be more rational. Not so much.

Turns out, there's something BEYOND "left field", a bizarre and confounding place where they write test questions. For some of them, the only rational answer I could come up with was "Walleye?", a word some friends and I say when we hear something bizarre and nonsensical. I have no idea how a fresh water game fish came to be our expression for this. I'm sure there was booze involved. For other questions, a perfectly valid, reasonable answer came immediately to mind upon reading the question. Unfortunately, it didn't happen to be one of my choices. For those, I exercised whittling down the "absolutely nots" and the "not unless aliens took over the planet" options until I had two "only if you made astounding leaps of logic" choices left and picked the better (in-my-completely-humbled-opinion) of those.

I don't like that kind of test. I've been assured by someone who has passed it that this is normal, they grade on a curve that only they understand and I have some time to wait. That bit is just fine with me. I've done my part. If I passed, I'll have an extra-fun birthday since I should know the results by then. If not, I'll start studying next February for the June aught eight exam. The next exam is actually in December, but that is *the* worst time I can fathom for taking it.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?