Tuesday, June 26, 2007

 

Fit TV

I've not done well at eating what I should and moving like I should for some time now. When I took a job in Big City, I used the "I can't take time out of my day to exercise or I'll be here all night" excuse. When I got a job back in Town Where I Live, I told myself "Now you'll be *steps* away from the gym...no excuses now". I found plenty. I got thoroughly disgusted with my lack of energy, weight and flab a few weeks ago and started South Beach Diet (again). I'd done it a few years ago, but didn't really follow it as closely as I should have and (remarkably enough) didn't lose much weight.

This time, I'm paying attention to portion sizes, being more careful about the amount of veggies I eat and paying attention to how I feel after I eat something. Saturday, I got some additional help: Fit TV. It's a channel in the Discovery/TLC family with exercise shows. I tried one Saturday morning (ironically, turning it from a Food Network show I don't like) and it felt GREAT to work up a sweat. So Sunday, I tried another show. Monday, there was a stretching show on at 6:30 am. I hate getting up, but I do like stretching and flexibilty exercises. So I tried it. I don't have a stability ball so I couldn't do all the exercises the way they did, but it was still pretty good.

This morning's class was an hour and more geared toward "total body weight training". I like weight training; it's good for me; I got up at 6 to do the class. As I was getting ready to start, they mentioned it was more of an advanced class. Oh well. I didn't have all the equipment they used (stability ball, barbell, hand weights, tall step) but I still got a GOOD workout. Instead of sitting on the couch after dinner, I checked out FitTV Two 30 minute yoga classes. Did them both. Tomorrow am is an hour of lower body. I may not be able to walk into work, but I feel so good after several days of workouts that I absolutely HAVE to try.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?