Wednesday, June 20, 2007

 

I hear it's a virtue

Patience, that is. You see, I have relatively little of it. Timing, not really a virtue, but an important component of patience, nonetheless. On an ordinary day, I wouldn't mind that my Mom called me three times on two phone lines within a 25 minute span. Today, however, when I've dealt with idiots who can't seem to figure out that BFC isn't the Corporation for Supporting All Your Stupid ideas, I have even less patience for being at someone else's disposal. The Boy is out with the guys (good call there, dear). I have dinner ready to heat up, whenever I'm ready to hit the fridge and microwave. Then 2 voice mails about Mom needing "advice". Advice on what? I have no earthly idea. Cell phone cut out and she started mumbling at the same time.

I suppose I'd be much nicer about it if she and Dad hadn't interrupted 2 shows I was trying to watch Sunday and last night at crucial times in the storyline. Neither are on video, so I can't rent them to catch the last 5 minutes of each. Yes, I shouldn't have answered the phone if TV was more important than my parents (and how shallow of a statement is THAT?). See, they're in their 60's and have already started the "we're old and bad things happen to old people, so you need to be aware of what's going on with us" line. Granted, neither the call Sunday or Tuesday was anything important....but I don't know that without answering the phone.

Gaaah. I suppose I'll call my mother now.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?