Wednesday, June 20, 2007

 

Really.....

Very nice (but totally clueless) lady I work with is talking to her grandchildren on the phone. It's amazing that she realizes there's a phone involved because her volume is, shall we say, "up". You can't yell all the way to TX (where her grands apparently are), but she's giving it her best shot. I've noticed (mostly because she has no volume control on her vocal chords) that she only talks to her GKs in a VERY high-pitched voice. Really, ma'am, I get that there are tonal ranges only kids can hear....but use your regular voice. She also made a point of repeatedly asking each (of two) kids if they miss her. Is this really a nice thing to do?

If this is what parenting, and grandparenting does to one, I'll stay in my "no thanks, I'll pass" mode. I'll also stick to my "all really personal conversations need to happen somewhere other than within earshot of other people" idea.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?