Friday, June 08, 2007

 

Test-y aren't we?

I *finally* take a test for a professional certification I've been working on for months, tomorrow. I'm sure everyone around me is tired of hearing that my brain has gone to mush (true, though it may be) and dealing with my nervously-tense personality that I've taken on the past few months. Despite the insistence of some that I have a "face of glass", I can hide lots of things fairly well. I don't, typically, because I'm lazy and put my effort into better things. However, the one thing that doesn't hide well for me is nerves. Pushed down and hidden, it oozes out elsewhere and not in pleasant ways. Left to froth on its own, nerves make me babble endlessly even worse than normal.

So I'll be trying to go to bed soon (yeah, like I'm anywhere NEAR tired at 10 pm), trying to sleep (which means I'm calling my fav "late nite phone buddy", although it will be too early to catch him since he's on the West coast) so I can get up hella-early and start my terribly-planned Saturday. The plans themselves are quite fine....it's terrible that I have to attack a perfectly good Saturday with plans that start "freak yourself out by trying to pass a test that could determine the direction and success of your career for the next 5-15 years" and progress to "do something fun so you'll forget about the past 4 hours". I'm soooo ready for K's birthday tomorrow night so I can relax and celebrate.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?