Tuesday, July 31, 2007

 

Nerves

I took a mind-bending exam in June (CISA). This week is when we find out if we passed. I hadn't thought about the exam results, hadn't worried about it until today. Colleague who took the exam the same day I did will be out of town the rest of the week and wants me to call him when we get the results. There is an excellent chance he passed. After all, he has a CISSP, passed the CISM last year, so if nothing else, he has more experience with these kinds of tests.

Passing the test is, however, only the first step. If I've passed, I then have to apply for the certification, which is how they check to see that you have the appropriate amount of experience. But this week....it's results week. I do and I don't want to know the results. If I passed, that would be incredibly cool and I'd start right in on my paperwork. If I didn't..... Well, I'd be the first person on my team to not pass an exam on the first try. I'd have to take it again. Unfortunately, the next exam is in December, right around the time Cornflake is expected to arrive. Even if CF weren't an issue, November/December is just a BAD time to try to study for an exam. Which means taking it in June 2008, which is a horribly long time from now. (I think a Feb test would be perfect...what the heck else am I going to do in January?)

Comments:
I'm absolutely confident you blew the test away. I'm not all "nerves" for your results. You did fine. :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?