Thursday, August 16, 2007

 

Heat....what heat?

Easy to say when you have an icepack on your neck. Today, I started chiropractic treatment for a way out of whack neck and spine. Icing, something my massage therapist has LONG recommended, is also recommended for it. I can almost hear my MT say "Oh, you'll ice down for him, but not for me?" It's not that I don't see the value in it. It's much more that I'm VERY cold natured. I usually feel chilled, sore and worn out after a massage. This is deep tissue, trying to pull your gums out, success is when her hand gets under my shoulder blade massage. This is NOT a backrub. There are NO "special finishing moves". So afterwards, the LAST thing I want to do is put an icepack anywhere near, especially not my face. I did Tuesday because my jaws were incredibly tight.

Another difference today is that it was above 100 degrees outside today. Even though the AC is on in the house, we're trying to NOT go bankrupt paying energy bills, so it's up a bit more than normal. Today, an icepack doesn't feel so bad. Will I enjoy icepacks on my neck in December? Not on your life....

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?