Sunday, August 05, 2007

 

Real heat

I really like reading slashfood. It's probably my favorite blog that my reader collects and since nearly everything in my reader is food-related, that's no small praise. However, I do have to laugh when I read an entry by someone in NYC or its environs who complains about heat and humidity. In an article about the Maine Lobster Festival I read how it was 80 degrees with 90% humidity and how that made it feel like a "scorcher". 80 degrees? Heck, it was 80 degrees outside at 8 am when I started my Yoga with Weights workout and while I don't know if the humidity was 90% yet, it was well on the way. I was picking tomatoes at a farm yesterday at 11:45 am and I lived through it. The prospect of "real" tomatoes, cukes and peppers did a lot to motivate me, as did the thought of a well-chilled watermelon.

I often want to respond to those posts with "Honey, if you think THAT'S something, come to Arkansas. It's supposed to be 95-98 today with a heat index well into the 100s. We like to think of it as living in a sauna."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?