Tuesday, September 11, 2007

 

Dead last

In my league. Tied for dead last with the other newbie who hasn't been more than a casual fan until her hub got her into this. Yes, I know that defenses do well early in the season and that offenses tend to take a week or so to gel. I get that. However, "the football gods", to steal a quip from TMQ, REALLY wanted Baltimore to win last night and they just couldn't. They also really wanted the Giants to win, but they too managed to screw up some good opportunities. (I have no Giants on my FF team and could care less about them....I'm just saying.)

The touchdown that Todd Heap made, but wasn't called correctly would have been nice. The pass in the end zone that hit him between the 8 and the 6 would have been nice. Heck, if you can't catch that one, at least don't let the opposition get it. The Cincy defense was a lot better than I figured they'd be.

Looking at who I didn't play, I made the right decisions with my roster for the week. My non-playing team does show my inexperience in drafting LOUD and clear. Not much I can do about that other than watch the releases from other teams and keep an eye on the free agents. The only guys I have who are worth trading are way too valuable for me to give away.

So I'll work out tonight, read for Book Study. Tomorrow night I'll do Book Study, work on the cookbook and my roster. At some point, my poor house needs some attention, but that will have to wait until Saturday.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?