Tuesday, September 04, 2007

 

Hammock and pizza

One good, one bad. Spent the weekend in Springdale with the in-laws. As usual, it was a very nice, relaxing time. Spent a good bit of Saturday am in their hammock on the deck. Low humidity, warm, but not hot, good book I've been trying to finish for weeks, had Little Dog with me. Thought she would enjoy it, but watching me read apparently isn't the thrill she was looking for. I brought Big Cow Dog with us outside and she provided a distraction until she kept trying to go under the hammock. I will say, there's a lot comical about watching a bassett herd a lab until the lab sees your comfy spot as a good "escape route".

We ate well this weekend and again last night at a friend's cookout. I resolved that I'd have to "do good" the rest of the week. 6 am was waaaay too early this morning, so I pushed working out until tonight. Also didn't feel very good and doing exercise I like isn't much fun when you think your face is about to explode. So you'd think I'd make good choices at lunch? Nah. Pizza from the kiosk at work is easy. Grease laden and not too tasty are other appropriate descriptors. Every.single.time I get their pizza, I regret it and swear not to do it again. However, I wasn't in the mood for pre-prepared BBQ, don't trust whoever does their chicken for sandwiches and not thrilled about eating a baked potato either. So I'll sit with this lump of grease and starch in my gut this afternoon as my penance for the bad choice of pizza.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?