Wednesday, September 05, 2007

 

The lineup

For my first week of fantasy play:

RB Ladianian Tomlinson SD (as my Commish says "play him every week he's alive")
RB Fred Taylor JAC
RB DeAngelo Williams CAR (technically, he's my "flex" player)
WR TJ Houshmandzadeh CIN
WR Mark Clayton BAL
TE Todd Heap BAL
K David Akers PHI (he's my only kicker...I gotta play him)
D Pittsburgh

Why am I not going with the Baltimore D? The one I was so happy to get? Well, first off, they're playing against my primary WR. Second, the rest of that offense isn't too bad. They have some weird guy you may have heard of....he's really low-key, name's Chad Johnson. PIT on the other hand, is playing the Browns. I'm not going to cast any aspersions on the fine Cleveland team, but I think PIT has the better matchup this week, defensively. Lastly, my mentor recommended it. Well, he recommended pretty much everthing on the list and we had a good discussion on why last night.

I could have gotten to the same point without his help, but I've been so busy, I had not idea who PIT was playing until he told me. I'm not happy that I've let football get short shrift (I even have TMQ articles stacked up to read--and I NEVER miss TMQ.), but Birthday Month was really.frakking.busy. Not all of it birthday-related, but busy nonetheless. First week of Sept. will be pretty hectic too, but all that STOPS at 7 pm Thursday night. I'm checking out of Job #2 at that point and heading home for some and NFL football.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?