Saturday, September 15, 2007

 

My Best Friend

Had a heart attack today. Yes, you read that correctly. My best friend, only 6 months older than I am, had a heart attack this morning. She had one artery that was 100% blocked, they put in a stint and she'll be fine. But she had a HEART.ATTACK.

Granted, she smokes heavily, has a poor diet (which is a charitable way of putting it) and doesn't exercise. I'm not saying this to say she deserved it or to be sanctimonious. I've long worried about her health and when she's been here, I've tried to help us eat better. She has a saying that she'll die of something, so she may as well enjoy her life. In theory, I don't disagree with that, but 36 is WAAAY too early to be checking out. Her Mom and I hope she'll make some changes in her life.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?