Friday, September 07, 2007

 

Not again....

Yet again, there are credible rumours that Big Faceless Corp is about to let a significant number of people go. This happens with alarming frequency at BFC. It's getting old, from my perspective. I've been through this a few times and it's never fun. There will be some folks who are let go who are valuable, productive people who were simply the "wrong people, wrong place". It's frustrating and there won't be any rhyme or reason to it. Last time this happened, many were hired back before their severance pay ran out. I'm no MBA, but how does *that* make sense?

I'm fairly certain that I won't be let go, but I feel that if it does hapen, I'll be OK. I'm <> to having a professional certification that will help me. I have confidence in my abilities. I think I'd be OK. I work with a good team of folks. I don't want to leave them. But there's a lot to be said for not being the last rat on the ship when it sinks. So do I stay or do I go? Will it even be my choice?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?