Saturday, September 15, 2007

 

Officially Over

Well, on Friday. Obviously, lots of people I knew. One guy 10 weeks away from his 20 year mark with BFC, one lady let go after 28 years, a friend of mine who has a $900 a month child support bill. Since she's only been there 2 years, that's only 2 weeks of severance pay. She has had 2 promotions in 6 months and if she'd passed on both of them, she'd not have been in danger. Stupidity reigns as usual.

I'm sure I'll hear a lot more names that have fallen and it won't be any more fun to hear it later than sooner. Later this month will also mean the last day of a good friend and excellent colleague. She's practically my "Wonder Twin" at work and because of her efforts, I've gotten a LOT done that we needed to be doing in her area. Her Big Boss has used our efforts to get other much needed changes needed and I was looking forward to using our example to build programs in other areas. Unfortunately, our programs are in danger of dying if no one in her area picks them up. Not the example I was looking for. The "belt tightening" may mean scarcer time for other areas to be able to build similar tasks.

It's hard not to look at her leaving as two and a half years of work down the drain. The new opportunity is a good one for her and companies can't stand or fall on one person. I frequently say that I like new challenges. Working at BFC for the next few months will certainly be challenging.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?