Sunday, September 16, 2007

 

Weird weekend

It's been nearly a football-free weekend for me this weekend. If you notice how many of my posts concern football, you know how appropriate the subject of this post is. Unfortunately, the football I did watch (am watching) isn't exactly the kind you cherish. I watched the unfortunate Arkansas game while I tried to do everything I'd planned to do today. I'm not sure if the 21-0 first quarter was worse than the "giving the game away" stunt from the 4th quarter. Twice, the Alabama drive was given new life and yardage by pass interference calls. Unbelieveable. One wondered (very loudly, in my case) why they were given the ball with so much time on the clock. Oh well. No one loses in the last few minutes of a game quite like HDN.

The Patriots-Chargers game isn't giving me much to smile about either. The Patriots are good. Really good. If the Evil Genius (and now we know he really is--it's not just me making that up) WERE taping defensive calls, how much worse than 24-0 would it be?? LT is still having problems. Turner is faring little better. Gates isn't doing too bad, I suppose. I'm getting slaughtered in my FFB league AGAIN. Who knew the Saints would get pasted by the Bucs??? Answer: Not me.

So what have I been doing all day? Sitting in a hospital room 2.5 hours from my house listening to my best friend bitch. She had a heart attack Friday night/Saturday morning and 2+ days with no smoking hasn't been easy for her or those around. Of course, she sneaked a couple today and unfortunately, I aided and abetted. Pissed me off. All day she griped about having a headache and being unable to get narcotics (BP too low). If I recall correctly, most of the world manages OK without them. I'm very sure that the headache was primarily from little caffeine and little nicotine. Both things that she needs to DEAL with not having. (She drinks more Diet Coke in one day than I drink water.) I wanted to shake her and say "You nearly DIED you ungrateful bitch. Start thinking about how to live the rest of your ilfe DIFFERENTLY or I'll send you your funeral flowers NOW." Of course, that's not a nice thing to say to someone who needs to watch her stress level.

I'm sure I'll spend time with her next weekend. And if she pulls the "I'm not changing because I want to live how I want", I just don't know what I'll do.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?